Dealing with a diaper rash can be one of the most frustrating parts of changing diapers! Rashes can happen with both cloth and disposable diapers. Many parents choose cloth diapers to avoid the rashes sometimes caused by disposable diapers. If you are experiencing a diaper rash, here are some common causes and remedies.
- Irritation due to wetness
- Rubbing or chaffing
- Reaction to detergents or fabrics
- Cloth Diaper Safe Cream - in mild cases try a cloth diaper safe rash cream
- Prescription - if the rash is caused by an infection or doesn't seem to go away with at home treatment, you should see your doctor for advice.
- Change diapers more often
- Naked time - allow the skin to breathe between diaper changes by giving your baby a few minutes of naked time
- Consider using a stay dry fabrics
- Consider using natural fibers - some babies are sensitive to fibers like suede cloth
- Switch detergents - Your child may be sensitive to certain detergents
This is not medical advice. You should consult your doctor if the rash continues, becomes blistered or pusses. Yeast rash should be treated by doctor.