Well here ya go! Washing and care instructions for your new wetbag!
- You don't HAVE to wash your wetbag in cloth diaper safe detergent but you do want to consider that you could end up with odor issues or buildup if your wetbag is washed in heavily scented detergent or fabric softener. Plus, keep in mind it will be coming into contact with your dirty diapers, so washing with your diapers is probably easiest.
- Wetbags don't have to be washed every day. Use your discretion. If it's smelly and pretty damp with urine then you probably should wash it. Not damp, just got a spot soiled inside? Then you can turn it inside out and wipe it down.
- Wetbags are not absorbent so time in the clothes dryer is usually not necessary unless you need it in a hurry. Simply hang to try and it should dry on it's own pretty quickly. The less you dry it in the dryer the less wear and tear it will get and the longer you'll get to use it. Plus it will keep from unnecessary fading.
- Avoid bleach. Bleach can cause your PUL or TPU to break down. Disinfecting once in a while should be fine but bleaching wetbags regularly shouldn't be needed.
- Washing with your cloth diapers? Keep in mind that snagging can occur if your aplix diapers come unfastened. Cosmetically this can affect your wetbags.
So what are your thoughts? Do you wash your wetbag often? Weekly? Do you wash it with your diapers or some other way? Any additional tips you'd like to share?
Need additional info? Planetwise has a great washing and care page that you may benefit from checking out.