A wet bag is a quintessential accessory for any savvy cloth diapering mama. What is a wet bag, you ask? A wet bag is a bag that has a polyurethane lining (PUL) on the inside making the bag waterproof. This makes the wet bag perfect for many things:
- Cloth diapering on the go – Buy a small or medium wet bag and use it to store wet or dirty diapers and cloth wipes when you’re out and about.
- Did someone say laundry? – If you buy a large wet bag you can hang it from a hook on the door of your nursery close to your baby’s changing station. Put the wet and dirty diapers in the bag for an easy way to store them before you wash them as well as an easy way to transport them to and from your laundry room.
- Potty Training Accidents – When we started potty training my son it was such a relief to be able to use my wet bag to store his accident laden pants when we were at the store or playground. I didn’t have to hold urine soaked jeans by my fingertips dangling them away from myself as I sprinted to the car; I just put them in my trusty wet bag.
- Swimming Suit Holder – There’s nothing more annoying than a trip home from the pool with your wet suits balled up in a soggy towel. Enter the wet bag. Now you have a waterproof bag that holds your wet swim suits.
- Picnicking! – Rather than a basket use your wet bag to hold all of your picnic food.